I have just been busy as a bee here lately, juggling life, family, and all the every day things that come along with it. I have boycotted my blog for the simple fact that I had to say NO to something. It's almost like I'm mad at my blog site. I love it and I crave it, but don't have time for it. Talk about resentment. Kinda how I feel about Diet Coke. I love it, and count on it every morning.... and then I feel bad for drinking it. It is just so DANG delicious.
So, most of this will be in list form and I'm gonna try to make it short cause there are some 500 thread counts calling my name....
When I can't write about my life I am making mental notes about everything I should write about. Then I don't have time. But, then something compels me to just get started and then I can breathe a sigh of relief that my thoughts, feelings, and favorite things are finally in print again for me to share. So here goes my list of updates, thoughts, and favorite things:
SOUL MATES: The reason I was compelled to write tonight is because I just got off the phone with one of my absolute favorite, most special people in the whole world. I felt like I shouldn't even call her back tonight cause I have been in such funk here lately and maybe I should wait until a happier day. And just hearing her voice, unveiling our lives, venting, laughing, psychoanalyzing our husbands and children and just flat out being ourselves I returned to a state of joy.
BFF's: There is a reason that God created women in such a magical way. Thank the Lord that I have so many girls in my life that I consider my closest, my BFF's, or something even closer than sisters could be. I love my husband, and God knows I do.. But there is just something about your girl BFFs that your husband just cannot be. Well, mainly because then we could have no discussion of such husbands and unfortunate mishaps. And then we couldn't laugh, and swear, and figure out how we were going to do it different next time, or trick them into doing it again. If we didn't have girlfriends, we couldn't vent about things. Like how we are secretly hoping that men will learn how that toilet paper roll actually works on the holder, and how the seat goes up AND down, or what spatulas are, or that towels go on the rack and not over the shower curtain, or why doesn't he just go to bed instead of laying all over the couch while I'm trying to watch my show? Just go to bed already......!!!!!
All I know is that when I'm with these girls, I breathe them in like fresh oxygen while I can and just hope that the feelings of laughter, and stories shared, and hugs, and tears, and being who we are will not fade fast. That they will carry me through to the days of our next crossing path.
It is you.....that I'm talking to...
- It's You that texts me pictures of your boots and tights together - for advice, you who never passes judgment, you who loved me and helped me even when I wasn't being realistic. You who are creative, and resourceful, and inventive. You make my day just by texting me pictures of your boots...I mean after all.... you are Shug in boots :)
- And It's also you- and how we talk about our babies and how we live too far apart, and how we want to see each other so bad but then just take our usual nap after we relinquish all the secrets and drama of our lives. It's you that makes my creativity unveil, or give me the opportunity to tell you things I know about. It's you who built our friendship from complete honesty from the very beginning and it has changed my life. It's you that understands who I am (because you are so much of the same). And we look alike. And everyone thinks we are sisters. BoNuS!
It's you- who comes in so handy with your family's vacation home so we can escape reality, play loud music, go walking, take dangerous boating adventures, and sleep in. We can also stalk people on Facebook from a safe distance, watch movies or SATC reruns. We can tell our secrets, be honest, and give each other complete truth. We can learn from each other. We can talk about God's word and what it means to us. It's you that prepared me for life's challenges when our friendship had only first begun. It's you who has an amazing life story to tell.
- It's you that loves to cook, and travel, and teach, and run (and do it all well)
- it's you who can bake, do some major hair styles, and who loves the beach
- it's you who is a down-home girl with more sisters than I would ever want, and who is so perfectly sweet, and best of all - a lover of all things WOLFPACK!
- it's you who is my sister in Christ, who is walking along side me and does not judge me. You are what I prayed for when I moved home. We can be honest and laugh about it. I am so thankful that you have come into my life.
See how blessed I am? I find it hard to split my free time these days. AND there are so many more people that I could list who are so influential in my life. Lately, even the little things make a big difference in my life. I am truly thankful for the steps I've taken in this life to get me this far. I'm looking forward to a blessed weekend with family and friends.
It's my Mama's Birthday and I can't wait to give her a special surprise!