Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Overscheduled You

For those of you who like to view photos throughout my posts for entertainment purposes...stop reading now. This will be impossible to photograph. It would be sad to actually photograph my over-scheduled, busy, crazy, neurotic, overly exhausting, and hectic life right now. That makes you want to see a good photo doesn't it? 

I see so many of my friends Facebook posts with phrases like, .....
some days I wish there was more than one of me ( I am sure some people are glad that it is only one of me) ...Gotta go here, gotta finish this, gotta plan that... man my head is spinning!!!!
is feeling like I need a personal assistant these days.....too much to manage between work/home/kids/etc......
 and these are actual quotes from FB! 
Isn't it astounding how much we as moms are over-scheduled, over-worked, and overly-EXHAUSTED. Sometimes I look at some of my amazing mother-friends and I think to myself, "how on earth does she do it and make it look so effortless?"  Well, the truth is she is really exhausted, and holding it all together as best she can just like I am. If I am doing good in one area, chances are something is lacking somewhere else. So, where did we go wrong? Well, really we didn't do anything wrong per say. The one thing we all have going for us is that we want to do it all and be absolutely perfect at whatever it is. I want to be everywhere, involved in every thing, doing it all just perfectly despite all my little (or giant) imperfections. I think that I have so much going on in my life until I talk to my friend who has the exact same amount of craziness going on in her world. 

The hardest part for me is not being able to say no. I actually want to do it all and I want to do it well. Only to find out, I'm exhausted, stressed, worn-out and more importantly, my child is exhausted. So here is what normally happens.....The moment I take like 5 seconds out for myself to do something for me, or to get away from EVERYTHING and EVERYBODY the GUILT kicks in. Oh yea, and then the school calls and says your child has a fever and you need to come and get her. Then I'm an hour away doing something fun, so I cry all the way home because I feel guilty for not being RIGHT there. How does this happen? It seems like their is some kind of radar I don't know about that keeps me from relaxing. Probably the only time I've relaxed lately was on my honeymoon where I was 4 billion miles away with no cell phone service and my mom could NOT actually let me know my child was sick...WHILE I WAS AWAY!!!! Ok, I'll throw in one pic....Look how stress free I am!!!!!
this just makes me happy
Imagine that? I get free time and my baby gets sick.  Everytime I go somewhere it happens. Now, GA is sick and I have so much going on this week that it is worrying me to death. I have Bible School, Exercise Class, Meetings, WORK, WORK, and WORK, and not to mention my auditor is coming next week. YAY! There I am ....already over scheduled and my baby is sick :( Grrrrrrrrrr Please PRAY for us!
I think back to my dear friend Beefy who always reminds me that if I don't take care of myself, I can't take care of anyone else. So, as soon as my schedule clears I'll get on that!  I usually don't "have it all together" or am even organized to any extent these days but I would like to look like it!!!! So, here's what we are going to do ladies who are in my same position. We are gonna smile, wear our best outfit this week fully accessorized, and vent to each other about how exhausted we are. Hey, that's all we will have time for.
 

1 comment:

  1. Amber,

    You've always been and go go go person and you do handle it so well! I'm always amazed at all that you get accomplished. But this too shall pass and in a few weeks it won't be as crazy (Life is always like that - it goes up and down and up and down). And Beth is so right - you can't take care of others unless you take care of yourself. You need a personal/spa day =) If you need help with anything or if there is anything I can do, let me know! I hope GA feels better!!

    MWAH!
    TR

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and following my blog. I would love to hear what you have to say! Love, Amber