Thursday, October 6, 2011

Let me Explain....

Did you get to see my Guest Post this week???? It pulled me from my blogging slump!!! 
Thankfully, I was rescued here by my sista-in-bloggin'. Thank you Beef!
Being away from blogging is kinda like skipping church for a while...it's hard to get back into it because you have missed so much and it's hard to catch up!
So....what in the world have I been doing for the last 3 weeks or so????
First:
Major Announcement......I cut my hair....TWICE. Here's the remnants...
these were the first remnants...then I went back for round 2!!!     
 Next: 
This book is going to be the death of me.....
I have been gettin' my Sunday School teachin' skills on the past few Sundays.... Seriously, who doesn't want to learn about being an excellent wife???? I mean, keeping a "joyful heart" while doing the laundry, cooking and cleaning, vacumning, and making sure your child's little tail is clean is all easy right....and SO fulfilling????? Of course it is.. So, I am pledging faithfully to this book. Reading...Soaking up the scripture. TRYING to let it play out in my life. I am convinced that God has a plan for me to be content in all of those and that's why he blessed me with this little shugar pie :)
and this one...

And the hubby and other men folk in our class are studying this...
I mean, the woman who wrote The Excellent Wife should have written The Exemplary Husband. We would have it made gals! BUT........ Jesus has another plan!!! If you want to hear more, join us on Sundays! We actually have a lot of fun!! I think God is working in all of our lives as well! DOUBLE BONUS :)

Next:
I have been crafting on the real... here are a few faves:


We also had Relay-for-Life here on the Rox.....Representing all the lovies we have loved and lost, and those we are still fighting for. I made some of these...which were a hit!!!
One thing to remember about the Rox is people pull together for the things that are important. This is what makes our community GREAT!
RELAY is one of those events. 
It's like a magical social hour, fundraisin', and remembrance all wrapped up into one. It was my first time actually attending RELAY this year...I know...the shame. So naturally, me, the hubs, and GA did it up right!!!
And here ya go...A Taste of the ReLaY
my fave MIL and one of her besties!

a little community action...cancer walkers united!

Ga gettin her face painted up by miss Aiko!

GA's first ever - sportin' a weave (a pink one)

adorb....makin me kinda jealous

Mimi and Sam

Kids Walk!!!

my widdle shug pie nephew gettin his snack on...

GA...not so sure...

Clifford is growing up fast...that suit lookin' a little stretched in some personal areas
is my hair shorter than this...oh yes it is...this was round 1!!!!

classic facials here from my girl
 That same weekend...we joined our fave family friends for this little shug pie's 1st Birthday celebration.
Have you ever seen anything any sweeter? Please ignore the ECU paraphernalia from the background. We love her Mimi and Papa anyway.

So, now you know that I haven't just been sittin' around eating Bon-Bons and watching Grey's in my nite-nites. I have been fo' real catching up on some good times with friends, family, and making some memories. I like to think of it like my new fave biblical reference....Courtesy of the K-Love....

So I recommend having fun, because there is nothing better for people in this world than to eat, drink, and enjoy life. That way they will experience some happiness along with all the hard work God gives them under the sun.

~ Ecclesiastes 8:15, NLT
 I have certainly been right on track..........Love to you all! Have a great weekend! It's Friday in 16 minutes!!!! Which means in less than 36 hours (and countin') I'ma be practicin' this verse a little further with these lovelies....


 It's gon' be a Tailgatin' good time!

1 comment:

  1. Aww yay! I can't wait! I think you should have a bumper sticker that says, "I been craftin on the real." LOL. A little more than 24 hourrrrrrs....!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and following my blog. I would love to hear what you have to say! Love, Amber